Resource: Axillary Cording
Breast Cancer Movement • 1m 51s
Axillary Web Syndrome
• Cording in armpits and down arms
• Exact cause unknown
• Increased risk with radiation or lymph node dissection
• Affects mechanics and ROM of the shoulder
• Can sometimes resolve on its own
• See a PT to help address the cording, limited ROM and mobility of shoulder and chest and decrease pain
• DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!!!
Up Next in Breast Cancer Movement
Resource: Basic Expectations Post-Sur...
Always, always check with your surgeon. These are generalized expectations.
• Lumpectomy or Partial Mastectomy (with or without sentinel node removal). No activity that jostles breasts for 2 weeks. Range of motion as tolerated beginning 1-2 days post-surgery.
• Axillary Node Dissection. Elevate ...
Resource: Helpful Insights
Helpful Things After Mastectomy
(Lots of options… these are on Amazon )
Port Cover for Seatbelt
Mastectomy Pillow for Driving
Mastectomy Pillow fo...
-30-70% of women experience this after breast cancer treatment
-Lymphatic system is like our circulatory system for our immune system
Lymph nodes act as filters and are not able to do their job due to being removed, damaged by radiation, tumor pressing against the node, cancer cells in...